(1) A person who has obtained a written certificate under section 1, chapter 559, Oregon Laws 2005, who is engaged in a qualifying film production and who pays qualifying compensation shall withhold, in lieu of the state personal income tax withholding requirements under ORS 316.167, 6.2 percent of the qualifying compensation paid.
(2) For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2007, the Department of Revenue may by rule prescribe a withholding percentage that reflects the departmentís best estimate of state personal income tax attributable to qualifying compensation. If a withholding percentage is established by rule, a person described in subsection (1) of this section shall withhold at the percentage established by rule in lieu of subsection (1) of this section and the state personal income tax withholding requirements under ORS 316.167.
(3) A person who withholds amounts under this section shall pay the amounts withheld to the Department of Revenue and shall file combined quarterly tax and assessment reports in accordance with ORS 316.168.
(4) A person who is required to withhold amounts under this section shall file, in addition to any other reports required by law, a report with the Oregon Film and Video Office, reporting:
(a) The total amount of qualifying compensation paid by the person;
(b) The names, taxpayer identification numbers and amounts of qualifying compensation paid to each employee receiving qualifying compensation during the period during which the qualifying film production was produced;
(c) The total amount withheld under this section for the period during which the qualifying film production was produced; and
(d) Any other information required by the office.
(5) The report must be filed with the office as soon as is practicable following completion of the qualifying film production or, in the case of a qualifying film production that consists of commercials, annually on or before January 31 of the year following the year in which the commercials were produced. The office shall report the total amount reported by each person under subsection (4)(c) of this section to the department.
(6) Notwithstanding ORS 316.171 or other law governing claims for refund of withheld amounts under ORS 316.162 to 316.221, a person who withholds amounts under this section may not file a claim for refund with respect to any amount shown as having been withheld or any payment accompanying a report filed under ORS 316.162 to 316.221 for a reporting period that overlaps a period for which a report is filed under subsection (4) of this section. [2005 c.559 §4]Section: Previous 316.213 316.214 316.215 316.216 316.217 316.218 316.219 316.220 316.221 316.222 316.223 316.227 316.255 316.256 316.257 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008