(1)(a) A civil penalty may be imposed by the Department of Revenue on any person who violates any provision of ORS 323.500 to 323.645.
(b) A civil penalty imposed under this subsection may not exceed $1,000 per violation.
(c) A penalty imposed under this subsection may be appealed to the magistrate division of the tax court in the time and manner prescribed in ORS 305.404 to 305.560.
(2) Any person required to obtain a license as a distributor under ORS 323.500 to 323.645 who knowingly engages in business as a distributor without a license or after a license has been suspended or revoked is guilty of a Class C felony.
(3) Any person required to make, render, sign or verify any report under ORS 323.500 to 323.645 who makes any false report with the intent to defraud is guilty of a Class C felony.
(4) Any transporter who knowingly violates the provisions of ORS 323.570 is guilty of a Class C felony.
(5) Any person who knowingly violates any provision of ORS 323.500 to 323.645, except as otherwise provided in this section, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(6) Any person who, with intent to defraud, makes, alters, forges or utters a false receipt or invoice recording a sale of tobacco products in this state is guilty of a Class C felony.
(7) In addition to any other sentence the court may impose upon a conviction under this section, the court may order the forfeiture of the instrumentalities used in violating ORS 323.500 to 323.645 and the proceeds resulting from a violation of ORS 323.500 to 323.645. [2003 c.804 §56]Section: Previous 323.612 323.615 323.618 323.619 323.620 323.623 323.625 323.630 323.632 323.635 323.640 323.645 323.700 323.703 323.706 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008