(1) When expended for grants to programs described in ORS 329.950, grant moneys shall be matched in the manner described in subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(2) In any biennium, each state agency administering a grant program described in ORS 329.950 shall be required to secure matching funds, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, for not less than 75 percent of the total amount reserved by law for the program for that biennium.
(3) An applicant for a grant from a program described in ORS 329.950 shall be required to match, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, the amount of the grant. However, the agency administering the program may exempt the applicant from the 100 percent matching requirement when the agency determines that the grant applicant is undergoing economic hardship and that the purposes of ORS 329.905 to 329.975 will be more readily accomplished by a lower matching requirement. In any biennium, the total amount of exemptions provided to grant applicants under this subsection shall not exceed 25 percent of the amount reserved by law for a program for that biennium.
(4) In determining whether a grant applicant is undergoing economic hardship for the purposes of this section, a state agency shall consider:
(a) An applicant’s ability to match the grant amount based on both the assessed value per student, if applicable, and the actual expenditure per student;
(b) The proportion or other measure of economically disadvantaged persons residing within the district or area of the applicant; and
(c) The level of unemployment in the district or area of the applicant.
(5) A state agency shall credit an applicant’s matching funds in an amount that does not exceed 100 percent of the amount of the grant given to the applicant. Moneys of an applicant that are available to operate a program described in ORS 329.950 and that exceed 100 percent of the grant sought or given to the applicant shall not be available for use as matching funds by any other applicant.
Note: See second note under 329.905.Section: Previous 329.925 329.930 329.930 329.935 329.940 329.945 329.950 329.950 329.955 329.960 329.965 329.970 329.975 329.975 329.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008