(1) Subject to ORS 330.430, the district school board may permit the use of school buildings and grounds for civic and recreational purposes, including use for:
(a) Supervised recreational activities;
(b) Meeting places for discussion of all subjects and questions which in the judgment of the residents may relate to the educational, political, economic, artistic and moral interests of the residents, giving equal rights and privileges to all religious denominations and political parties; and
(c) Such other proper purposes as may be determined by the board.
(2) The district school board may appoint a special supervising officer to have charge of the buildings and grounds, preserve order, protect school property and do all things necessary in the capacity of a peace officer to carry out the provisions of this section.
(3) The district school board may establish a schedule of fees and collect fees pursuant to the schedule for use of school buildings and grounds and other facilities, including but not limited to gymnasium equipment, swimming pools, athletic fields and tennis courts.
(4) Expenses for light, heat, janitor services and services of the special supervising officer provided in connection with use of buildings and grounds under this section which are not covered by the fees charged under subsection (3) of this section shall be paid out of the county or special school funds of the district in the same manner that other similar services are paid.
(5) The district school board shall make rules governing the use of school buildings and grounds under this section. [1965 c.100 §144; 1983 c.350 §170; 1993 c.45 §49; 1995 c.660 §48]Section: Previous 332.150 332.155 332.158 332.160 332.162 332.165 332.170 332.172 332.175 332.176 332.180 332.182 332.190 332.200 332.205 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008