(1) School boards shall fix the working hours for full-time and part-time licensed staff members. They shall direct that full-time staff members be provided a time for a 30-minute continuous duty-free lunch period during the regularly scheduled lunch hours.
(2) Any school principal who fails to schedule a continuous 30-minute duty-free lunch period in accordance with this section shall be guilty of neglect of duty under ORS 342.865.
(3) No teacher shall by oral orders or written agreement fail to receive a 30-minute lunch period.
(4) School boards shall not be required to employ special personnel to supervise students during lunch periods.
(5) This section does not apply in school buildings where fewer than three teachers are employed. [1971 c.201 §1]Section: Previous 342.599 342.600 342.601 342.602 342.603 342.604 342.605 342.608 342.609 342.610 342.613 342.615 342.617 342.620 342.625 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008