(1) Revenue bonds shall be payable solely from that portion of education facility revenues which the municipality pledges therefor in the resolution authorizing issuance of revenue bonds.
(2) A municipality may authorize the issuance of revenue bonds by resolution or nonemergency ordinance under the procedure described in ORS 287A.150.
(3) The resolution may provide for the establishment of one or more special funds and may place such funds under the control of one or more trustees. The resolution may obligate the municipality to deposit and expend the proceeds of the revenue bonds only into and from such fund or funds, and to set aside and pay into such fund or funds specified education facility revenues.
(4) Any pledge of education facility revenues made by a municipality shall be valid and binding, without physical delivery or additional action, from the time that the pledge is made against any parties having subsequent claims of any kind in tort, contract or otherwise against a municipality or an educational institution, irrespective of whether such parties have actual notice thereof. The pledge shall be noted in the resolution authorizing issuance of revenue bonds, which shall be constructive notice thereof to all parties and the resolution need not be recorded, nor shall the filing of any financing statement under the Uniform Commercial Code be required to perfect such pledge.
(5) The municipality may establish the terms under which its revenue bonds shall be issued and sold.
(6) All revenue bonds issued pursuant to ORS 352.790 to 352.820 shall be legal securities which may be used by any insured institution or trust company, as those terms are defined in ORS 706.008, for deposit with the State Treasurer or a county treasurer or city treasurer as security for deposits in lieu of a surety bond under any law relating to deposits of public moneys. The revenue bond shall constitute legal investments for public bodies, trustees and other fiduciaries, banks, savings and loan associations and insurance companies. All revenue bonds shall constitute negotiable instruments within the meaning of and for all purposes of the law of this state. [1987 c.812 §4; 1997 c.631 §465; 2003 c.195 §27; 2007 c.783 §155]Section: Previous 352.680 352.710 352.720 352.730 352.740 352.750 352.760 352.790 352.795 352.800 352.805 352.810 352.815 352.820 352.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008