(1) Oregon Health and Science University shall distribute grants to post-secondary education institutions to support nursing education programs based on the selections of the Oregon Nursing Shortage Coalition Committee and in accordance with appropriate university policies and procedures. If the university is not able to distribute a grant to a post-secondary education institution selected by the committee, the university shall report to the committee the reason for not distributing the grant.
(2) Grants distributed under this section to a community college or state institution of higher education may be based on an intergovernmental agreement entered into by Oregon Health and Science University and the college or institution.
(3) Oregon Health and Science University may not use more than five percent of the amount received from the Nursing Education Grant Fund established in ORS 353.612 for the grant program in any biennium for administrative expenses incurred in administering ORS 353.600 to 353.612.
(4) Oregon Health and Science University may accept contributions of funds and assistance from the United States Government or its agencies, or from any other source, public or private, and agree to conditions placed on the funds not inconsistent with the purposes of ORS 353.600 to 353.612. The university shall use funds and assistance received under this subsection for grants distributed under this section or for administering ORS 353.600 to 353.612.
(5) Oregon Health and Science University shall deposit moneys received by the university for purposes of ORS 353.600 to 353.612 in the Nursing Education Grant Fund. The total amount of grants distributed under this section may not exceed the amount of moneys available for distribution in the fund. [2003 c.697 §3]Section: Previous 353.445 353.450 353.460 353.470 353.480 353.550 353.553 353.556 353.559 353.563 353.600 353.603 353.606 353.609 353.612 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008