(1) There is created the Oregon Nursing Shortage Coalition Committee.
(2) The committee consists of 10 members, as follows:
(a) Two members who represent the Oregon State Board of Nursing appointed by the board.
(b) Two members who represent the Northwest Organization of Nurse Executives appointed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing from a list of persons submitted to the board by the Northwest Organization of Nurse Executives.
(c) Two members who represent the Oregon Nurses Association appointed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing from a list of persons submitted to the board by the Oregon Nurses Association.
(d) One member appointed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing who represents Oregon-based, generally accredited, not-for-profit private institutions of higher education from a list of persons submitted to the board by the Oregon Independent Colleges Association.
(e) Two members appointed by the Commissioner for Community College Services from a list of persons submitted to the commissioner by the Oregon Community College Association.
(f) One member who represents Oregon Health and Science University appointed by the university.
(3) When appointing members to the committee, the Oregon State Board of Nursing, the Commissioner for Community College Services and Oregon Health and Science University shall ensure that there is at least one member from each of the following areas of the state:
(a) Rural western Oregon.
(b) Coastal Oregon.
(c) Eastern Oregon.
(d) Urban areas.
(4) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the appointing authority shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the appointing authority shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The committee shall elect one of its members to serve as chairperson and another to serve as vice chairperson, for the terms and with the duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices as the committee determines.
(6) The committee shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the committee.
(7) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(8) Members of the committee are entitled to actual and necessary travel expenses in the manner and amounts provided for in ORS 292.495. Claims for expenses incurred in performing functions of the committee shall be paid out of funds received by Oregon Health and Science University for that purpose.
(9) Oregon Health and Science University shall provide staff support to the committee. [2003 c.697 §4]Section: Previous 353.445 353.450 353.460 353.470 353.480 353.550 353.553 353.556 353.559 353.563 353.600 353.603 353.606 353.609 353.612 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008