A museum commission shall:
(1) Determine the kind and class of museum to be established and submit such determination to the governing body.
(2) Investigate and determine the most suitable location for the museum and the adequacy of roads or streets and parking areas therefor, and submit its proposals relating thereto to the governing body.
(3) Subject to approval by the governing body, arrange for the design of the museum and the preparation of plans therefor.
(4) Investigate and make determinations with regard to such other preliminary matters in connection with a public museum as are deemed necessary or desirable, and submit its proposals relating thereto to the governing body.
(5) When the establishment of a museum is authorized under ORS 358.345, and upon authorization by the governing body, prepare bids and advertise for bids for the construction of the proposed museum. [1953 c.481 §11]Section: Previous 358.325 358.330 358.335 358.340 358.345 358.350 358.355 358.360 358.365 358.370 358.375 358.380 358.385 358.390 358.395 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008