When a museum is established under ORS 358.345, a museum commission shall:
(1) Maintain and operate the museum for and in the name of the city or two or more cities.
(2) Subject to the approval of the governing body before they become effective, adopt and publish rules relating to the operation of the museum, admission charges thereto and the administration of the museum objects in the museum.
(3) In conformity with its rules and ORS 358.310 to 358.405, act as administrator of all museum objects in the museum.
(4) Establish maintenance and operating policies sufficient to keep the museum presentable and in a proper state of repair.
(5) Subject to the approval of the governing body, advertise the museum in an appropriate manner.
(6) Compile, print and sell or distribute free of charge historical, educational, scientific and artistic literature.
(7) Subject to the approval of the governing body, employ necessary employees and fix their compensation.
(8) Prescribe and publish a charge or charges which may be made for admission to the museum.
(9) Collect all admission charges and other museum revenue, and pay such charges and other revenue into the treasury of the city or two or more cities, to be deposited to a separate account and disbursed by the museum commission as directed by the governing body. [1953 c.481 §§12,13; 1973 c.757 §6; 1983 c.260 §8]Section: Previous 358.330 358.335 358.340 358.345 358.350 358.355 358.360 358.365 358.370 358.375 358.380 358.385 358.390 358.395 358.400 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008