(1) Within 30 days of receipt of the arbitral award, unless another period of time has been agreed upon by the parties:
(a) A party, with notice to the other party, may request the arbitral tribunal to correct in the award any errors in computation, clerical or typographical errors, or errors of similar nature; and
(b) A party may, if agreed by the parties, request the arbitral tribunal to give an interpretation of a specific point or part of the arbitral award.
(2) If the arbitral tribunal considers any request made under subsection (1) of this section to be justified, it shall make the correction or give the interpretation within 30 days of the receipt of the request. The interpretation shall form part of the arbitral award.
(3) The arbitral tribunal may correct any error of the type referred to in subsection (1)(a) of this section on its own initiative within 30 days of the date of the award.
(4) Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, a party, with notice to the other party, may request, within 30 days of receipt of the award, the arbitral tribunal to make an additional award as to claims presented in the arbitral proceedings but omitted from the award. If the arbitral tribunal considers the request to be justified, it shall make the additional award within 60 days.
(5) If necessary, the arbitral tribunal may extend the period of time within which it shall make a correction, interpretation or an additional award under subsection (1) or (4) of this section.
(6) The provisions of ORS 36.514 shall apply to a correction or interpretation of the award or to an additional award. [1991 c.405 §36; 1993 c.244 §12]Section: Previous 36.504 36.506 36.508 36.510 36.512 36.514 36.516 36.518 36.520 36.522 36.524 36.526 36.528 36.530 36.532 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008