(1) Once every two years, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall conduct either a full highway cost allocation study or an examination of data collected since the previous study. The purposes of the study or examination of data are to determine:
(a) The proportionate share that the users of each class of vehicle should pay for the costs of maintenance, operation and improvement of the highways, roads and streets in the state; and
(b) Whether the users of each class are paying that share.
(2) The department may use any study design it determines will best accomplish the purposes stated in subsection (1) of this section. In designing the study the department may make decisions that include, but are not limited to, the methodology to be used for the study, what constitutes a class of vehicle for purposes of collection of data under subsections (1) to (4) of this section and the nature and scope of costs that will be included in the study.
(3) The department may appoint a study review team to participate in the study or examination of data required by subsection (1) of this section. The team may perform any functions assigned by the department, including but not limited to consulting on the design of the study.
(4) A report on the results of the study or examination of data shall be submitted to the legislative revenue committees and the legislative committees with primary responsibility for transportation by January 31 of each odd-numbered year.
(5) The Legislative Assembly shall use the report described in subsections (1) to (4) of this section to determine whether adjustments to revenue sources described in section 3a (3), Article IX of the Oregon Constitution, are needed in order to carry out the purposes of section 3a (3), Article IX of the Oregon Constitution. If such adjustments are needed, the Legislative Assembly shall enact whatever measures are necessary to make the adjustments. [2003 c.755 §§1,2]
Note: 366.506 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 366 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 366.475 366.480 366.485 366.486 366.487 366.490 366.505 366.506 366.507 366.508 366.509 366.510 366.512 366.514 366.515 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008