As used in ORS 410.600 to 410.625:
(1) “Activities of daily living” includes but is not limited to the following:
(a) Bathing and personal hygiene;
(b) Dressing and grooming;
(e) Bowel and bladder management; and
(2) “Area agency” has the meaning given that term in ORS 410.040.
(3) “Commission” means the Home Care Commission established and operated pursuant to section 11, Article XV of the Oregon Constitution, and ORS 410.600 to 410.625.
(4) “Elderly person” has the meaning given that term in ORS 410.040.
(5) “Home care services” means assistance with activities of daily living and self-management provided by a home care worker in the home of an elderly person or person with a disability.
(6) “Home care worker” means a person:
(a) Who is hired directly by an elderly person or person with a disability who receives moneys from the Department of Human Services for that purpose;
(b) Whose compensation is paid in whole or in part by the department, an area agency or other public agency that receives moneys from the department for that purpose; and
(c) Who provides either hourly or live-in home care services.
(7) “Person with a disability” has the meaning given that term in ORS 410.040.
(8) “Self-management” includes but is not limited to the following activities, other than activities of daily living, required by an individual to continue living independently in the individual’s own home:
(a) Medication and oxygen management;
(c) Meal preparation;
(d) Shopping; and
(e) Client focused general household work. [2001 c.901 §1; 2003 c.14 §177; 2007 c.70 §178]Section: Previous 410.525 410.530 410.535 410.540 410.545 410.550 410.555 410.600 410.602 410.604 410.606 410.608 410.610 410.612 410.614 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008