(1) Subject to the provisions of subsection (4) of this section, the Department of Human Services shall contract with a pharmacy benefit manager to manage prescription drug benefits for the medical assistance program. The pharmacy benefit manager shall purchase prescription drugs in bulk or reimburse pharmacies for prescription drugs prescribed for eligible persons in the medical assistance program.
(2) The pharmacy benefit manager shall establish two programs for the medical assistance program. One program shall purchase prescription drugs for or reimburse fully capitated health plans that use the pharmacy benefit manager under contract with the department. The second program shall reimburse fee-for-service pharmacy providers directly or provide for payment by the Department of Human Services.
(3) Fully capitated health plans may use the pharmacy benefit manager under contract with the department under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) In awarding a contract under this section, the department must ensure that the contractor has the capacity and competence to administer the services and that the contract is cost-neutral to the department.
(5) ORS 414.325 and 414.334 apply to the management of prescription drug benefits under this section. [2003 c.810 §13]
Note: 414.744 becomes operative the day after the date the Department of Human Services receives the necessary waivers from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. See section 18, chapter 810, Oregon Laws 2003.
Note: See note under 414.736.Section: Previous 414.737 414.738 414.739 414.740 414.741 414.742 414.743 414.744 414.745 414.747 414.750 414.751 414.805 414.807 414.810 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008