(1) The Law Enforcement Medical Liability Account is established separate and distinct from the General Fund. Interest earned, if any, shall inure to the benefit of the account. The moneys in the Law Enforcement Medical Liability Account are appropriated continuously to the Department of Human Services to pay expenses in administering the account and paying claims out of the account as provided in ORS 414.807.
(2) The liability of the Law Enforcement Medical Liability Account is limited to funds accrued to the account from assessments collected under ORS 137.309 (6), (8) or (9), or collected from individuals under ORS 414.805.
(3) The Department of Human Services may contract with persons experienced in medical claims processing to provide claims processing for the account.
(4) The Department of Human Services shall adopt rules to implement administration of the Law Enforcement Medical Liability Account including, but not limited to, rules that establish reasonable deadlines for submission of claims.
(5) Each biennium, the Department of Human Services shall submit a report to the Legislative Assembly regarding the status of the Law Enforcement Medical Liability Account. Within 30 days of the convening of each regular legislative session, the department shall submit the report to the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the chair of the House Judiciary Committee. The report shall include, but is not limited to, the number of claims submitted and paid during the biennium and the amount of money in the fund at the time of the report. [1991 c.778 §1; 1993 c.196 §10; 1999 c.1051 §256; 2005 c.804 §8]
Note: See note under 414.805.Section: Previous 414.745 414.747 414.750 414.751 414.805 414.807 414.810 414.815 414.820 414.821 414.823 414.825 414.827 414.829 414.830 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008