(1) The governing body of any county shall establish a county board of health, when authorized to do so by a majority of electors of the county at any general or special election, and may, if such authorization is made, establish a public health advisory board as provided in subsection (5) of this section.
(2) The county board of health shall consist of:
(a) One member of the county governing body selected by the body.
(b) One member of a common school district board having jurisdiction over the entire county or of the education service district board who resides in the county and is selected by the education service district board, or the designee of that member.
(c) One physician who has been licensed to practice medicine in this state by the Oregon Medical Board.
(d) One dentist who has been licensed to practice dentistry in this state by the Oregon Board of Dentistry.
(e) Three other members.
(3) The members referred to in subsection (2)(c) to (e) of this section shall be appointed by the members serving under subsection (2)(a) and (b) of this section. The term of office of each of such appointed members shall be four years, terms to expire annually on February 1. The first appointments shall be for terms of one, two, three or four years, as designated by the appointing members of the board.
(4) Whenever a county board of health is created under this section, such board shall be in lieu of the board provided for in ORS 431.410.
(5) The governing body of the county may, as provided in subsection (1) of this section, appoint a public health advisory board for terms of four years, the terms to expire annually on February 1. The first appointments shall be for terms of one, two, three or four years as designated by the governing body. The advisory board shall meet regularly to advise the county board of health on matters of public health. The advisory board shall consist of:
(a) Persons licensed by this state as health care practitioners.
(b) Persons who are well informed on public health matters. [Formerly 431.470; 1963 c.544 §49; 1977 c.582 §25; 1981 c.127 §1; 1987 c.618 §2; 1991 c.167 §26; 2003 c.226 §22]Section: Previous 431.345 431.350 431.375 431.380 431.385 431.405 431.410 431.412 431.414 431.415 431.416 431.418 431.420 431.430 431.440 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008