(1) The Department of Human Services shall establish the Center for Health Statistics, which shall install, maintain and operate the system of vital statistics throughout this state in cooperation with appropriate units of local government. The Center for Health Statistics shall be responsible for the proper administration of the system of vital statistics and for the preservation and security of its official records.
(2) In order to promote and maintain nationwide uniformity in the system of vital statistics, the State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics may refer to the 1992 federal revision of the Model State Vital Statistics Act and Regulations for recommendations regarding the forms of certificates and reports required by this chapter.
(3) Each certificate, report and other document required by this chapter shall be on a form or in a format prescribed by the state registrar.
(4) All vital records shall contain the date of filing.
(5) Information required in certificates, forms, records or reports authorized by this chapter may be filed, verified, registered and stored by photographic, electronic or other means as prescribed by the state registrar. [Amended by 1983 c.709 §2; 1993 c.324 §2; 1997 c.783 §2]Section: Previous 432.005 432.010 432.015 432.020 432.025 432.030 432.035 432.040 432.045 432.050 432.055 432.060 432.075 432.080 432.085 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008