(1) The owner of a manufactured structure that qualifies under this subsection may apply to the county assessor to have the structure recorded in the deed records of the county. The application must be on a form approved by the Department of Consumer and Business Services. The application must include a description of the location of the real property on which the manufactured structure is or will be sited. If the structure is being sold by a manufactured structure dealer, the dealer may file the application on behalf of the owner within the time described in ORS 446.736 (7). A manufactured structure qualifies for recording in the deed records if the owner of the structure:
(a) Also owns the land on which the manufactured structure is located; or
(b) Is the holder of a recorded leasehold estate of 20 years or more if the lease specifically permits the manufactured structure owner to record the structure under this section.
(2) If the assessor, as agent for the department, determines that the manufactured structure qualifies for recording in the deed records of the county, the assessor shall cause the structure to be recorded in the deed records. The deed records must contain any unreleased security interest in the manufactured structure. If the department has issued an ownership document for the manufactured structure, the owner must submit the ownership document to the assessor with the application described in subsection (1) of this section. Upon recording the manufactured structure in the deed records, the assessor shall send the ownership document to the department for cancellation. The department shall cancel the ownership document and send confirmation of the cancellation to the assessor and the owner.
(3) The recording of a security interest in the deed records of the county under this section satisfies the requirements for filing a financing statement for a fixture to real property under ORS 79.0502. The recording of a manufactured structure in the deed records of the county is independent of the assessment and taxation of the structure as real property under ORS 308.875. The recording of a manufactured structure in the deed records of the county makes the structure subject to the same provisions of law applicable to any other building, housing or structure on the land. However, the manufactured structure may not be sold separately from the land or leasehold estate unless the owner complies with subsection (4) of this section.
(4) The owner of a manufactured structure that is recorded in the deed records of the county may apply to have the structure removed from the deed records and an ownership document issued for the structure. Unless the manufactured structure is subject to ORS 446.631, the owner must apply to the county assessor, as agent for the department, for an ownership document as provided in ORS 446.571. Upon approval of the application, the assessor shall terminate the recording of the manufactured structure in the deed records.
(5) If a manufactured structure described in paragraph (1)(b) of this section is recorded in the deed records, the owner of the structure has a real property interest in the manufactured structure for purposes of:
(a) Recordation of documents pursuant to ORS 93.600 to 93.800, 93.802, 93.804, 93.806 and 93.808;
(b) Deed forms pursuant to ORS 93.850 to 93.870;
(c) Mortgages, trust deeds and other liens pursuant to ORS 86.010 to 86.990 and ORS chapters 87 and 88; and
(d) Real property tax collection pursuant to ORS chapters 311 and 312. The structure owner is considered the owner of the real property for purposes of assessing the structure under ORS 308.875. [2003 c.655 §21; 2005 c.4 §1; 2005 c.22 §320]
Note: See note under 446.561.Section: Previous 446.606 446.610 446.611 446.615 446.616 446.620 446.621 446.626 446.630 446.631 446.635 446.636 446.640 446.641 446.646 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008