(1) An X-ray machine may not be operated unless the X-ray machine has a valid X-ray machine registration.
(2) Prior to issuance of an X-ray machine registration to a hospital, the X-ray machine shall be approved by an X-ray machine inspector employed by the Department of Human Services or inspected by an accredited radiology inspector. The inspector shall also review procedures used during X-ray machine operation and the adequacy of the physical surroundings and equipment used in conjunction with operation of the X-ray machine.
(3) Prior to issuance of an X-ray machine registration to a facility other than a hospital, the X-ray machine shall be approved by an X-ray machine inspector employed by the department.
(4) An accredited radiology inspector conducting a registration inspection on a hospital X-ray machine shall conduct information gathering tests in the manner required by the department. The inspector shall make calculations in the manner prescribed by the department and shall enter the results and such other information as the department may require on a form provided by the department.
(5) The department shall evaluate the test results submitted by an accredited radiology inspector and shall grant a hospital X-ray machine registration provided that all standards adopted by rule of the department are met, a properly completed registration application has been submitted by the X-ray machine owner and all required fees have been paid.
(6) When an X-ray machine is registered by the department, the department shall issue the X-ray machine owner a document, sticker, plate or other device selected by the department to evidence registration of the X-ray machine. [1995 c.444 §2; 2005 c.22 §327]Section: Previous 453.695 453.705 453.715 453.725 453.735 453.745 453.750 453.752 453.754 453.755 453.757 453.761 453.765 453.766 453.770 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008