(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, for specialty code plan reviews of simple low-rise residential dwellings, the Department of Consumer and Business Services or a municipality that administers a building inspection program under ORS 455.148 or 455.150 shall approve or disapprove the specialty code building plan:
(a) For a jurisdiction with a population that is less than 300,000, within 10 business days of receiving a complete application, or shall implement the process described in ORS 455.465.
(b) For a jurisdiction with a population that is 300,000 or more, within 15 business days of receiving a complete application, or shall implement the process described in ORS 455.465.
(2) The 10-day and 15-day requirements in subsection (1) of this section do not apply if:
(a) The plan requires approval by federal, state or local agencies outside the jurisdiction of the issuing agency;
(b) The plan is for a complex structure that requires additional review as determined by the department or municipality; or
(c) Based on conditions that exist in the affected municipality, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services authorizes a different plan review schedule as described in a building inspection program submitted under ORS 455.148 or 455.150.
(3) For specialty code plan reviews of commercial structures, a municipality shall include in its building inspection program submitted under ORS 455.148 or 455.150 a process for plan review services. The municipality shall include in its program detailed reasons supporting the proposed plan review process. The plan review services provided by the municipality shall:
(a) Allow an applicant to defer the submittal of plans for one or more construction phases for a commercial construction project in accordance with the state building code; and
(b) Allow an applicant to receive permits for each of the phases of a commercial construction project as described in the state building code when the plan review for that phase is approved.
(4) For a phased commercial construction project as described in subsection (3) of this section, the municipality shall inform the applicant of the detailed plans necessary for each phase of the project and the estimated time for initial and phased review of the building plans for conformance with the state building code.
(5) An applicant submitting plans under subsection (3) of this section is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all specialty code requirements and that the project does not proceed beyond the level of approval authorized by the building official.
(6) A municipality that repeatedly fails to meet the plan review period described in this section or otherwise authorized in its building inspection program submitted under ORS 455.148 or 455.150 shall be considered to be engaging in a pattern of conduct of failing to provide timely plan reviews under ORS 455.160. [1999 c.1045 §21; 2001 c.384 §1; 2001 c.573 §13; 2003 c.675 §28]
Note: See note under 455.455.Section: Previous 455.455 455.457 455.459 455.461 455.463 455.465 455.466 455.467 455.468 455.469 455.471 455.473 455.475 455.477 455.479 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008