(1) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may, upon notice and hearing, suspend or revoke the certification of any building official or inspector when it appears to the director by competent evidence that the building official or inspector:
(a) Has consistently failed to act in the public interest in the performance of duties;
(b) Failed to complete the continuing education requirements as required under ORS 455.720 (4); or
(c) Provided false information to the department.
(2) In any revocation proceeding under this section, the municipality that employs the building official or inspector shall be entitled to appear as a party in interest, either for or against the revocation.
(3) When a certification is suspended or revoked under this section, the director may also suspend, deny or place conditions on that personís right to reapply for certification under ORS 455.735 for a period not to exceed 12 months.
(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit or otherwise affect the authority of a municipality to dismiss or suspend a building official or inspector at its discretion.
(5) Notwithstanding the requirements of subsections (1) to (4) of this section, the director may adopt rules which:
(a) Allow certifications to be placed on inactive status; and
(b) Extend continuing education compliance requirements in case of illness or hardship. [Formerly 456.835; 1991 c.361 §3]
(Remedial Authority of Director)Section: Previous 455.705 455.715 455.720 455.725 455.730 455.735 455.737 455.740 455.770 455.775 455.800 455.805 455.810 455.815 455.820 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008