As used in ORS 455.800 to 455.820:
(1) “Building official” means a person who is a building official as defined in ORS 455.715 or a Department of Consumer and Business Services employee charged with enforcement or administration of the state building code.
(2) “Building trade committee” means a group composed of experienced and knowledgeable local general contractors or other persons having substantial expertise in various aspects of one and two family dwelling construction under the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code.
(3) “General contractor” has the meaning given that term in ORS 701.005.
(4) “Master builder” means a person certified under ORS 455.810.
(5) “Qualified construction company” means a company that has been:
(a) Continuously licensed by the Construction Contractors Board during the preceding 60 months as a general contractor; or
(b) Continuously licensed by the Construction Contractors Board during at least the preceding 24 months as a general contractor and by one or more other states during the balance of the preceding 60 months in an occupation equivalent to that of a general contractor.
(6) “Regular employee” means a person who:
(a) Is continuously employed by, and on the regular payroll of, a qualified construction company;
(b) Has filed a withholding exemption certificate pursuant to ORS 316.182 for work performed for the qualified construction company; and
(c) Is available during working hours to supervise on-site dwelling construction, including but not limited to supervising the installation of:
(B) Electrical systems;
(G) Mechanical systems;
(H) Plumbing systems; and
(7) “Whole dwelling remodel” means a project that includes the installation in an existing dwelling of all of the following:
(b) Electrical systems;
(g) Mechanical systems; and
(h) Plumbing systems. [2001 c.406 §1; 2003 c.675 §38]
Note: 455.800 to 455.820 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 455 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 455.725 455.730 455.735 455.737 455.740 455.770 455.775 455.800 455.805 455.810 455.815 455.820 455.840 455.842 455.844 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008