(1) An urban renewal agency shall provide for public involvement in all stages in the development of an urban renewal plan.
(2) An urban renewal plan proposed by an urban renewal agency shall include all of the following:
(a) A description of each urban renewal project to be undertaken.
(b) An outline for the development, redevelopment, improvements, land acquisition, demolition and removal of structures, clearance, rehabilitation or conservation of the urban renewal areas of the plan.
(c) A map and legal description of the urban renewal areas of the plan.
(d) An explanation of its relationship to definite local objectives regarding appropriate land uses and improved traffic, public transportation, public utilities, telecommunications utilities, recreational and community facilities and other public improvements.
(e) An indication of proposed land uses, maximum densities and building requirements for each urban renewal area.
(f) A description of the methods to be used for the temporary or permanent relocation of persons living in, and businesses situated in, the urban renewal area of the plan.
(g) An indication of which real property may be acquired and the anticipated disposition of said real property, whether by retention, resale, lease or other legal use, together with an estimated time schedule for such acquisition and disposition.
(h) If the plan provides for a division of ad valorem taxes under ORS 457.420 to 457.460, the maximum amount of indebtedness that can be issued or incurred under the plan.
(i) A description of what types of possible future amendments to the plan are substantial amendments and require the same notice, hearing and approval procedure required of the original plan under ORS 457.095 as provided in ORS 457.220, including but not limited to amendments:
(A) Adding land to the urban renewal area, except for an addition of land that totals not more than one percent of the existing area of the urban renewal area.
(B) Increasing the maximum amount of indebtedness that can be issued or incurred under the plan.
(j) For a project which includes a public building, an explanation of how the building serves or benefits the urban renewal area.
(3) An urban renewal plan shall be accompanied by a report which shall contain:
(a) A description of physical, social and economic conditions in the urban renewal areas of the plan and the expected impact, including the fiscal impact, of the plan in light of added services or increased population;
(b) Reasons for selection of each urban renewal area in the plan;
(c) The relationship between each project to be undertaken under the plan and the existing conditions in the urban renewal area;
(d) The estimated total cost of each project and the sources of moneys to pay such costs;
(e) The anticipated completion date for each project;
(f) The estimated amount of money required in each urban renewal area under ORS 457.420 to 457.460 and the anticipated year in which indebtedness will be retired or otherwise provided for under ORS 457.420 to 457.460;
(g) A financial analysis of the plan with sufficient information to determine feasibility;
(h) A fiscal impact statement that estimates the impact of the tax increment financing, both until and after the indebtedness is repaid, upon all entities levying taxes upon property in the urban renewal area; and
(i) A relocation report which shall include:
(A) An analysis of existing residents or businesses required to relocate permanently or temporarily as a result of agency actions under ORS 457.170;
(B) A description of the methods to be used for the temporary or permanent relocation of persons living in, and businesses situated in, the urban renewal area in accordance with ORS 35.500 to 35.530; and
(C) An enumeration, by cost range, of the existing housing units in the urban renewal areas of the plan to be destroyed or altered and new units to be added.
(4) An urban renewal plan and accompanying report shall be forwarded to the planning commission of the municipality for recommendations, prior to presenting the plan to the governing body of the municipality for approval under ORS 457.095.
(5) An urban renewal plan and accompanying report shall be forwarded to the governing body of each taxing district affected by the urban renewal plan and the agency shall consult and confer with the taxing districts prior to presenting the plan to the governing body of the municipality for approval under ORS 457.095. Any written recommendations of the governing body of each taxing district shall be accepted, rejected or modified by the governing body of the municipality in adopting the plan.
(6) No urban renewal plan shall be carried out until the plan has been approved by the governing body of each municipality pursuant to ORS 457.095 and 457.105. [1979 c.621 §2; 1983 c.544 §1; 1987 c.668 §1; 1987 c.447 §130; 1991 c.459 §332; 1997 c.541 §444]Section: Previous 457.050 457.055 457.060 457.065 457.070 457.075 457.080 457.085 457.090 457.095 457.100 457.105 457.110 457.115 457.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008