(1) No person under 18 years of age shall enter upon a race course at any time where races are being conducted in which wagering is permitted, except:
(a) When accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older who is the personís parent, guardian or spouse; or
(b) When persons 14 years of age or older are in the performance of a duty incident to employment.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, no person under 12 years of age shall after 6 p.m. enter upon a race course where races are being conducted in which wagering is permitted, except this section shall not apply to any annual state or county fair or fair-type exposition on the same premises where a race meet is being conducted by the same licensee.
(3) No person under 18 years of age shall, except when in the performance of a duty incident to employment, loiter in the wagering area of a race course. The Oregon Racing Commission shall designate and require the marking of the wagering area at each race course.
(4) No licensee conducting a race meet shall sell a mutuel wagering ticket or receipt to a person under 18 years of age or to a person who is visibly intoxicated.
(5) No person shall purchase a mutuel wagering ticket or receipt for or on behalf of a person under 18 years of age. [1957 c.313 §17; 1973 c.827 §45; 1979 c.698 §5; 1983 s.s. c.7 §11; 1997 c.865 §9]Section: Previous 462.142 462.145 462.150 462.160 462.170 462.180 462.185 462.190 462.195 462.200 462.210 462.220 462.230 462.240 462.250 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008