(1) The Department of Environmental Quality may review and determine the adequacy of a toxics use reduction and hazardous waste reduction plan or an environmental management system.
(2) If a toxics user fails to complete an adequate plan, implement an adequate system or submit an adequate implementation summary, the department may notify the toxics user of the inadequacy, identifying the specific deficiencies. The department also may specify a reasonable time frame, of not less than 90 days, within which the toxics user shall modify the plan, system or implementation summary to address the specified deficiencies. The department also may make technical assistance available to aid the toxics user in modifying its plan, system or implementation summary.
(3) If the department determines that a modified plan, system or implementation summary is inadequate, the department may require that further modifications be made within a time frame specified by the department.
(4) If after having received notice of specified deficiencies from the department, a toxics user fails to develop an adequate plan, system or summary within a time frame specified pursuant to subsection (2) or (3) of this section, the department may assess a civil penalty in the manner provided by ORS 183.745 in an amount not to exceed $500 for each day that the toxics user fails to develop an adequate plan, system or summary.
(5) In reviewing the adequacy of any plan, system or summary, the department shall base its determination solely on whether the plan, system or summary is complete and prepared in accordance with ORS 465.015 or 465.032. [1989 c.833 §9; 2005 c.206 §8]Section: Previous 465.006 465.009 465.010 465.012 465.015 465.018 465.020 465.021 465.024 465.027 465.030 465.031 465.032 465.034 465.037 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008