(1) The Director of the Department of Environmental Quality shall make the inventory available to the public at the office of the Department of Environmental Quality.
(2) The inventory shall include but need not be limited to:
(a) The following information, if known:
(A) A general description of the facility;
(B) Address or location;
(C) Time period during which a release occurred;
(D) Name of current owner and operator and names of any past owners and operators during the time period of a release of a hazardous substance;
(E) Type and quantity of a hazardous substance released at the facility;
(F) Manner of release of the hazardous substance;
(G) Levels of a hazardous substance, if any, in ground water, surface water, air and soils at the facility;
(H) Hazard ranking and narrative information regarding threats to the environment and public health;
(I) Status of removal or remedial actions at the facility; and
(J) Other items the director determines necessary; and
(b) Information that indicates whether the remedial action at the facility will be funded primarily by:
(A) The department through the use of moneys in the Hazardous Substance Remedial Action Fund;
(B) An owner or operator or other person under an agreement, order or consent judgment under ORS 465.200 to 465.545; or
(C) An owner or operator or other person under other state or federal authority.
(3) The department may organize the inventory into categories of facilities, including but not limited to the types of facilities listed in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) On or before January 15 of each year, the department shall submit the inventory and a report to the Governor, the Legislative Assembly and the Environmental Quality Commission. The annual report shall include a quantitative and narrative summary of the departmentís accomplishments during the previous fiscal year and the departmentís goals for the current fiscal year, including but not limited to each of the following areas:
(a) Facilities with a suspected release added to the departmentís database;
(b) Facilities with a confirmed release added to the departmentís list;
(c) Facilities added to and removed from the inventory;
(d) Removals initiated and completed;
(e) Preliminary assessments initiated and completed;
(f) Remedial investigations initiated and completed;
(g) Feasibility studies initiated and completed; and
(h) Remedial actions, including long-term environmental controls and institutional controls, initiated and completed.
(5) Beginning in 1991, and every fourth year thereafter, the report required under subsection (4) of this section shall include a four-year plan of action for those items under subsection (4)(e) to (h) of this section. The four-year plan shall include projections of funding and staffing levels necessary to implement the four-year plan. [1989 c.485 §5; 2003 c.576 §459]Section: Previous 465.200 465.205 465.210 465.215 465.220 465.225 465.230 465.235 465.240 465.245 465.250 465.255 465.257 465.260 465.265 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008