(1) Any applicant for a site certificate for an energy facility shall be deemed to have met all the requirements of ORS 176.820, 192.501 to 192.505, 192.690, 469.010 to 469.225, 469.300 to 469.563, 469.990, 757.710 and 757.720 relating to eligibility for a site certificate and a site certificate shall be issued by the Energy Facility Siting Council for:
(a) Any transmission lines for which application has been filed with the federal government and the Public Utility Commission of Oregon prior to July 2, 1975; and
(b) Any energy facility under construction on July 2, 1975.
(2) Each applicant for a site certificate under this section shall pay the fees required by ORS 469.421 (2) to (9), if applicable, and shall execute a site certificate in which the applicant agrees:
(a) To abide by the conditions of all licenses, permits and certificates required by the State of Oregon or any subdivision in the state to operate the energy facility and issued prior to July 2, 1975; and
(b) On and after July 2, 1975, to abide by the rules of the Director of the State Department of Energy adopted pursuant to ORS 469.040 (1)(d) and rules of the council adopted pursuant to ORS 469.300 to 469.563, 469.590 to 469.619 and 469.930.
(3) The council has continuing authority over the site for which the site certificate is issued and may inspect, or direct the State Department of Energy to inspect, or request another state agency or local government to inspect, the site at any time in order to ensure that the facility is being operated consistently with the terms and conditions of the site certificate and any applicable health or safety standards.
(4) The council shall establish programs for monitoring the environmental and ecological effects of the operation and the decommissioning of energy facilities subject to site certificates issued prior to July 2, 1975, to ensure continued compliance with the terms and conditions of the site certificate and any applicable health or safety standards.
(5) Site certificates executed by the Governor under ORS 469.400 (1991 Edition) prior to July 2, 1975, shall bind successor agencies created hereunder in accordance with the terms of such site certificates. Any holder of a site certificate issued prior to July 2, 1975, shall abide by the rules of the director adopted pursuant to ORS 469.040 (1)(d) and rules of the council adopted pursuant to ORS 469.300 to 469.563, 469.590 to 469.619, 469.930 and 469.992. [1975 c.606 §24; 1983 c.740 §184; 1989 c.88 §5; 1993 c.569 §13; 1995 c.505 §15]Section: Previous 469.400 469.401 469.402 469.403 469.405 469.407 469.409 469.410 469.420 469.421 469.430 469.440 469.441 469.442 469.445 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008