As used in ORS 479.168 to 479.190 and 479.990 (4):
(1) “Alter” in its various modes and tenses and its participial forms refers to an alteration.
(2) “Alterations,” as applied to a building or structure, means any change, addition or modification in construction or occupancy.
(3) “Construction” means the making, building, alteration, erection, reconstruction, rebuilding or production of a building or addition or extension thereto, or enlargement thereof, in any manner not included in the term “repair.”
(4) “Family” means an individual or two or more persons related by blood or marriage or a group of not more than five persons, excluding servants, who need not be related by blood or marriage, living together in a dwelling unit.
(5) “Hospital” means a building of any sort in which sick or injured persons are received or kept for medical, surgical or nursing purposes.
(6) “Occupancy” means the purpose for which a building or structure is used or intended to be used. Change of occupancy is not intended to include change of tenants or proprietors.
(7) “Owner” includes a duly authorized agent or attorney, a purchaser, a devisee, a fiduciary and a person having a vested or contingent interest in the property in question.
(8) “Private residence” means that part of a single, double or multiple dwelling house or building occupied as living or sleeping quarters by one or more family units, exclusive of any portion of such house or building devoted to commercial, processing or manufacturing use.
(9) “Public building” means a building in which persons congregate for civic, political, educational, religious, social or recreational purposes, including among others, state buildings, courthouses, schools, colleges, libraries, museums, exhibit buildings, lecture halls, churches, assembly halls, lodge rooms, dance halls, theaters, skating rinks, bath houses, armories, recreation piers, grandstands and bleachers in exhibition parks or fields, and jails.
(10) “Repair” means restoration of an existing thing to its former state, to refit, to mend, to make good. “Repair” does not include construction, reconstruction, alteration or rebuilding of a building or any part thereof. [Formerly 479.010]Section: Previous 479.121 479.130 479.140 479.150 479.155 479.160 479.165 479.168 479.170 479.180 479.190 479.195 479.200 479.210 479.215 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008