(1) There is established within the State Department of Fish and Wildlife the Fish Screening Task Force consisting of seven members appointed by the State Fish and Wildlife Commission.
(2) Three members shall be appointed to represent agricultural interests, three shall be appointed to represent fishing or fish conservation interests and one member shall be appointed to represent the public. Members of the task force shall serve for two-year terms. No member of the task force shall serve for more than three consecutive two-year terms.
(3) A member of the task force shall receive no compensation for services as a member. However, subject to any applicable law regulating travel and other expenses of state officers and employees, a member shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of official duties from such moneys as may be available therefor in the State Wildlife Fund.
(4) The task force shall meet at such times and places as may be determined by the chair or by a majority of the members of the task force.
(5) The duties of the task force are:
(a) To advise the department in the development of a comprehensive cost-sharing program for the installation of fish screening or by-pass devices in water diversions.
(b) To advise the department in establishing a stable and equitable funding system for the installation and maintenance of fish screening and by-pass devices.
(c) To advise the department in identifying sources and applying for grants from local, state and federal governmental agencies for funding the installation and maintenance of fish screening and by-pass devices.
(d) To advise the department in monitoring fish screening programs.
(e) To advise the department in a survey and study of fish screening technology to determine the most cost-effective alternatives for screening in the various situations that may be encountered in the implementation of fish screening in this state.
(f) To advise the department in preparing a report on the capital costs and effectiveness of the program provided in ORS 498.306.
(g) To advise the department on the creation of the priority criteria and the priority listing referred to in ORS 498.306 (14)(a) or (d). [1991 c.858 §6; 1995 c.426 §3; 2005 c.22 §368; 2007 c.625 §5a]Section: Previous 496.025 496.030 496.032 496.035 496.040 496.045 496.080 496.085 496.090 496.100 496.105 496.108 496.110 496.112 496.115 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008