(1) A person whose application for a developmental fisheries permit or a restricted permit established under subsection (6) of this section, or for the renewal or transfer of a developmental fisheries permit or restricted permit, is denied may make written request to the Commercial Fishery Permit Board for review of the denial. The review provided in this subsection is in lieu of any review by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or the State Fish and Wildlife Commission. The request shall be in such form and shall contain such information as the board considers appropriate. The request shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of $75. The fee shall apply toward any applicable permit fees resulting from an order of the board in favor of the requesting applicant.
(2) The board shall review a denial as a contested case under ORS chapter 183. Orders issued by the board are not subject to review by the commission, but may be appealed as provided in ORS 183.482.
(3) The board may waive requirements for renewal of a developmental fisheries permit or a restricted permit established under subsection (6) of this section if the board finds that an individual applicant fails to meet the requirements as the result of illness, accident or other circumstances beyond the individualís control.
(4) The board may delegate to the department the boardís authority to waive requirements for renewal of developmental fisheries permits or restricted permits established under subsection (6) of this section.
(5) The board may adopt such rules as it determines necessary to carry out its duties, functions and powers under this section.
(6) Once the commission determines that a commercial harvest of a developmental fishery can be sustained, it may remove that fishery from the developmental fisheries list, and may, by rule, establish a restricted participation system or a restricted vessel permit system for that fishery. These restricted permit systems may include, but are not limited to, provisions relating to the following matters:
(a) Establishment of criteria for initial entry into the restricted permit system and criteria for annual qualification for continued participation in the system; and
(b) Establishment of terms and conditions for transferring participation rights. [2007 c.95 §2]Section: Previous 506.410 506.415 506.420 506.430 506.450 506.455 506.460 506.462 506.465 506.501 506.505 506.506 506.510 506.511 506.515 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008