If the Water Resources Commission approves the financing for the construction of a water development project, the commission, on behalf of the state, and the applicant may enter into a loan contract, secured by a first, parity or second lien in the manner provided in ORS 541.740, which shall set forth, among other matters:
(1) That the commission, on behalf of the state, must approve the arrangements made by the applicant for the construction, operation and maintenance of the water development project, using moneys in the Water Development Fund for the construction.
(2) A plan for repayment by the applicant to the Water Development Administration and Bond Sinking Fund of moneys borrowed from the Water Development Fund used for the construction, operation and maintenance of the water development project and interest on such moneys used at such rate of interest as the commission determines is necessary to provide adequate funds to recover administrative expenses incurred under ORS 541.700 to 541.855. The repayment plan, among other matters:
(a) Shall provide for commencement of repayment by the water developer of moneys used for construction and interest thereon not later than two years after the date of the loan contract or at such other time as the commission may provide;
(b) May provide for reasonable extension of the time for making any repayment in emergency or hardship circumstances, if approved by the commission;
(c) Shall provide for such evidence of debt assurance of and security for repayment by the applicant as are considered necessary or proper by the commission; and
(d) Shall set forth a schedule of payments and the period of loan which shall not exceed the usable life of the constructed project, or 30 years from the date of the first payment due under the financial plan, whichever is less, and shall also set forth the manner of determining when loan payments are delinquent. The payment schedule shall include repayment of interest which accrues during any period of delay in repayment authorized by paragraph (a) of this subsection, and the payment schedule may require payments of varying amounts for collection of such accrued interest.
(3) Provisions satisfactory to the commission for field engineering and inspection, the commission to be the final judge of completion of the contract.
(4) That the liability of the state under the contract is contingent upon the availability of moneys in the Water Development Fund for use in the construction, operation and maintenance of the water development project.
(5) Such further provisions as the commission considers necessary to insure expenditure of the funds for the purposes set forth in the approved application.
(6) That the commission may institute an appropriate action or suit to prevent use of the facilities of a water development project financed by the Water Development Fund by any person who is delinquent in the repayment of any moneys due the Water Development Administration and Bond Sinking Fund.
(7) That a loan for a water development project is assignable or transferable to a third party only with the prior approval of the commission. The commission may approve a loan assignment or transfer only if the commission finds that the assignee or transferee qualifies as a water developer as defined in ORS 541.700 (7) and the assignment or transfer does not have serious adverse effect upon the family farm unit structure in this state. [1977 c.246 §6; 1981 c.166 §3; 1985 c.673 §116; 1999 c.212 §3]Section: Previous 541.695 541.700 541.703 541.705 541.710 541.715 541.720 541.730 541.735 541.740 541.741 541.745 541.750 541.755 541.760 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008