(1) Except as provided in subsections (2), (3) and (4) of this section, the Secretary of State, within one year after a filing and not less than 20 days after written notice to the company or individual who submitted the document to the office, may withdraw any certificate issued or document filed by the Secretary of State, except filings pursuant to ORS chapter 647, on any ground existing at the time of the filing for which the Secretary of State could have originally refused to issue the certificate or file the document. The written notice shall state the reason for the proposed withdrawal.
(2) The Secretary of State, within one year after a filing, may withdraw from filing any document filed by the Secretary of State when the person who submitted the document advises the office that the document was submitted prematurely or by inadvertence or mistake. The person requesting the withdrawal shall accompany the request with a written statement reflecting the basis of the personís authority to initiate the withdrawal.
(3) The Secretary of State may withdraw without notice or hearing a certificate that the Secretary of State has issued or a document the Secretary of State has filed when the fee was paid with a check that was returned to the office for lack of sufficient funds. Such withdrawal shall be retroactive to the date of filing.
(4) The Secretary of State shall withdraw a certificate the Secretary of State has issued or a document the Secretary of State has filed if the Secretary of State receives a final written order from the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services that establishes that the person named in the certificate or document has violated ORS 705.638, 707.005, 707.010 or 722.012.
(5) Any decision under this section may be reviewed in accordance with the provisions of ORS chapter 183.
(6) A withdrawal from filing of a document under this section is retroactive to the date of the filing but shall not relieve a person of any liability the person may have incurred while the document was filed with the office. The Secretary of State is not required to refund any fees paid in conjunction with the document withdrawn.
(7) At any time prior to a delayed effective date specified in a document, upon written request of the person or persons who originally filed the document with the Secretary of State, the document shall be withdrawn. Upon such withdrawal of a document, the document shall have no further effect and shall be treated as if it had not been filed. The person requesting the withdrawal shall accompany the request with a written statement reflecting the basis of the personís authority to initiate the withdrawal. [1967 c.576 §2; 1981 c.633 §2; 1983 c.717 §4; 1985 c.728 §§3,3a; 1987 c.414 §59; 1989 c.1040 §1; 1999 c.652 §6; 2001 c.315 §§39,40]Section: Previous 56.037 56.040 56.041 56.045 56.050 56.060 56.070 56.080 56.090 56.100 56.105 56.110 56.120 56.140 56.150 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008