(1) When authorized to become a taxing district by the eligible electors of the district as provided in ORS 568.807, a district may assess, levy and collect an ad valorem tax each year on the real market value of all taxable property within the limits of the district. The proceeds of the tax shall be applied in carrying out the purposes of ORS 568.210 to 568.808 and 568.900 to 568.933.
(2) In any year in which the ad valorem tax provided for in subsection (1) of this section is levied, the directors of the district shall prepare a budget in the form, manner and time prescribed in ORS 294.305 to 294.520 (the Local Budget Law), and in accordance therewith shall fix the amount of money to be raised by taxation for the district.
(3) Any taxes levied in any year shall be returned to the county officer, whose duty it is to extend the tax roll in the manner provided in ORS 310.060.
(4) All taxes levied by a district shall become payable at the same time and be collected by the same officer who collects county taxes, and shall be turned over to the district according to law. The county officer whose duty it is to extend the county levy shall extend the levy of the district in the same manner as city taxes are extended.
(5) Property shall be subject to sale for nonpayment of taxes levied by a district in like manner and with like effect as in the case of county and state taxes. [1981 c.918 §2; 1991 c.459 §446]Section: Previous 568.770 568.780 568.790 568.800 568.801 568.803 568.805 568.806 568.807 568.808 568.810 568.820 568.830 568.840 568.850 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008