As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Foreign professional corporation” means a professional corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(2) “License” includes a license, certificate of registration, permit or other legal authorization required by law as a condition precedent to the rendering of professional service or services within this state.
(3) “Oregon Business Corporation Act” has the same meaning given that term in ORS 60.951.
(4) “Practicing medicine” has the meaning given that term in ORS 677.085.
(5) “Professional” means:
(a) Accountants licensed under ORS 673.010 to 673.457 or the laws of another state;
(b) Architects licensed under ORS 671.010 to 671.220 or the laws of another state;
(c) Attorneys licensed under ORS 9.005 to 9.755 or the laws of another state;
(d) Chiropractors licensed under ORS chapter 684 or the laws of another state;
(e) Dentists licensed under ORS chapter 679 or the laws of another state;
(f) Landscape architects licensed under ORS 671.310 to 671.459 or the laws of another state;
(g) Naturopaths licensed under ORS chapter 685 or the laws of another state;
(h) Nurse practitioners licensed under ORS 678.010 to 678.410 or the laws of another state;
(i) Psychologists licensed under ORS 675.010 to 675.150 or the laws of another state;
(j) Physicians licensed under ORS chapter 677 or the laws of another state;
(k) Podiatrists licensed under ORS chapter 677 or the laws of another state;
(L) Radiologic technologists licensed under ORS 688.405 to 688.605 or the laws of another state;
(m) Real estate appraisers licensed or certified under ORS chapter 674 or the laws of another state; and
(n) Other persons providing to the public types of personal service or services substantially similar to those listed in paragraphs (a) to (m) of this subsection that may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license.
(6) “Professional corporation” or “domestic professional corporation” means a corporation organized under this chapter for the specific purpose of rendering professional service or services and for such other purposes provided under this chapter.
(7) “Professional service” means personal service or services rendered in this state to the public which may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license by a professional.
(8) “Regulatory board” means the governmental agency of the State of Oregon required or authorized by law to license and regulate the rendering of a professional service or services for which a professional corporation is organized. [1969 c.592 §2; 1971 c.362 §3; 1985 c.728 §42; 1985 c.764 §3; 1987 c.94 §14; 1993 c.235 §1; 1997 c.774 §1; 2003 c.14 §24; 2005 c.254 §11]Section: Previous 58.005 58.010 58.015 58.020 58.025 58.030 58.035 58.037 58.040 58.045 58.048 58.050 58.060 58.070 58.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008