(1) The governing body of any county may declare the county a dog control district.
(2) Upon declaration of the dog control district the county governing body may appoint a board of supervisors, and provide for the terms, compensation and other aspects of service by board members, at least two of whom shall be connected directly or indirectly with the livestock industry.
(3) The board may issue licenses and enforce all of the county and state laws relating to the control of dogs within the county, including that of making arrests and shall perform such other duties as the county governing body may assign to it.
(4) The county governing body may elect to act as the board of supervisors of the dog control district.
(5) The county governing body may provide for appointment of a dog control officer and otherwise provide for administration and enforcement of a dog control program. [Amended by 1957 c.79 §1; 1963 c.398 §1; 1975 c.297 §1; 1977 c.189 §9]Section: Previous 609.010 609.015 609.020 609.030 609.035 609.040 609.050 609.060 609.070 609.080 609.090 609.092 609.093 609.095 609.097 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008