(1) All moneys paid to a health spa by a buyer prior to the opening of the facility shall promptly be deposited by the health spa in a trust account, maintained by the health spa for the purpose of holding such moneys for the buyer, in a bank, savings and loan association, mutual savings bank or licensed escrow agent located in Oregon.
(2) The health spa shall within seven days of the first deposit notify the office of the Attorney General, in writing, of the name, address and location of the depository and any subsequent change thereof.
(3) The health spa shall provide the buyer with a written receipt for the moneys and shall provide written notice of the name, address and location of the depository and any subsequent change thereof.
(4) If prior to the opening of the facility the status of the health spa is transferred to another, any sums in the trust account affected by such transfer shall simultaneously be transferred to an equivalent trust account of the successor, and the successor shall promptly notify the buyer and the office of the Attorney General of the transfer and of the name, address and location of the new depository.
(5) The buyer’s claim to any moneys under this section is prior to that of any creditor of the health spa, including a trustee in bankruptcy or receiver, even if such moneys are commingled.
(6) After the health spa receives a notice of cancellation of the agreement or if the health spa fails to open a facility at the stated date of completion the health spa shall within 10 days give a full refund to the buyer, including the buyer’s pro rata share of any interest earned thereon.
(7) All sums received by a health spa in excess of the health spa’s normal monthly dues shall be placed in escrow subject to the terms and provisions stated in this section in the event that the health spa is not fully operational or in the event that the health spa is promising future construction or improvements. [Formerly 646.681]Section: Previous 646A.016 646A.018 646A.020 646A.030 646A.032 646A.034 646A.036 646A.038 646A.040 646A.042 646A.050 646A.052 646A.054 646A.060 646A.062 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008