As used in this section and ORS 654.760, 654.770 and 654.780, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Employee” means any individual, whether lawfully or unlawfully employed, who engages to furnish services for a remuneration, financial or otherwise, subject to the direction and control of an employer.
(2) “Employer” means any person engaged in agriculture who engages one or more employees.
(3) “Hazardous chemical” means any chemical which is a physical or health hazard.
(4) “Health hazard” means a chemical for which there is statistically significant evidence, based on at least one study conducted in accordance with established scientific principles, that acute or chronic health effects may occur in exposed employees. The term “health hazard” includes chemicals which are carcinogenic, toxic or highly toxic agents, reproductive toxins, irritants, corrosives, sensitizers, hepatotoxins, nephrotoxins, neurotoxins, agents which act on the hematopoietic system, and agents which damage the lungs, skin, eyes or mucous membranes.
(5) “Physical hazard” means a chemical for which there is scientifically valid evidence that it is a combustible liquid, a compressed gas, explosive, flammable, an organic peroxide, an oxidizer, pyrophoric, unstable or water-reactive compound. [1987 c.832 §2]Section: Previous 654.540 654.545 654.550 654.605 654.610 654.705 654.710 654.715 654.720 654.750 654.760 654.770 654.780 654.990 654.991 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008