(1) The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries and any respondent named in a complaint may enter into a settlement at any time after the filing of a complaint. Upon issuing a finding of substantial evidence under ORS 659A.835, the commissioner may take immediate steps to settle the matter through conference, conciliation and persuasion, to eliminate the effects of the unlawful practice and to otherwise carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(2) The terms of any settlement agreement entered into under this chapter must be contained in a written settlement agreement signed by the complainant, the respondent and a representative of the commissioner. Such agreement may include any or all terms and conditions that may be included in a cease and desist order issued by the commissioner after a hearing under ORS 659A.850.
(3) A complainant may file a complaint with the commissioner at any time after a settlement agreement has been entered into under this chapter to seek enforcement of the terms of the agreement. A complaint under this subsection must be filed within one year after the act or omission alleged to be a violation of the terms of the agreement. The commissioner shall investigate and resolve the complaint in the same manner as provided in this chapter for a complaint filed under ORS 659A.820.
(4) In addition to the remedy provided under subsection (3) of this section, a complainant may seek to enforce a settlement agreement entered into under this chapter by writ of mandamus or a civil action seeking injunctive relief or specific performance of the agreement.
(5) The commissioner shall enter an order based on the terms of a settlement agreement that is signed by a representative of the commissioner and that is entered into after the issuance of formal charges under ORS 659A.845. In addition to enforcement in the manner provided by subsection (3) or (4) of this section, the order may be recorded in the County Clerk Lien Record in the manner provided by ORS 205.125 and enforced in the manner provided by ORS 205.126. [2001 c.621 §6]Section: Previous 659A.805 659A.810 659A.815 659A.820 659A.825 659A.830 659A.835 659A.840 659A.845 659A.850 659A.855 659A.860 659A.865 659A.870 659A.875 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008