(1) Any person who violates any provision of ORS 671.010 to 671.220 or any rule promulgated thereunder shall be assessed a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each offense. The provisions of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of any other penalty or sanction provided by law.
(2) If the State Board of Architect Examiners decides that any person has or is about to engage in an activity that is or will be a violation of any provision of ORS 671.020 or 671.041, the board may institute a proceeding in an appropriate circuit court to restrain the activity or proposed activity. An injunction may be issued without proof of actual damages, but does not relieve the defendant from criminal prosecution for violation of ORS 671.010 to 671.220.
(3) No person, partnership, limited liability company or corporation practicing architecture is entitled to maintain a proceeding in any court of this state relating to services in practicing architecture unless it is alleged and proven that the person, partnership, limited liability company or corporation was licensed to practice architecture under ORS 671.010 to 671.220 at the time services were rendered.
(4) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745.
(5) Nothing in ORS 671.010 to 671.220 shall be construed to prevent any person from representing the personís membership or affiliation with any bona fide professional or trade organization unless such representation is made to advance that personís unlicensed practice or unlawful attempt to practice the profession of architecture.
(6) Notwithstanding ORS 670.335, civil penalties recovered under this section shall be deposited into an account established by the board as provided in ORS 182.470. Moneys deposited are appropriated continuously to the board and shall be used only for the administration and enforcement of ORS 182.456 to 182.472 and 671.010 to 671.220. [Amended by 1961 c.585 §7; 1977 c.803 §16; 1983 c.389 §3; 1989 c.795 §§2,5; 1991 c.734 §64; 1995 c.327 §2; 1995 c.762 §1; 1997 c.643 §13; 1999 c.1084 §58]Section: Previous 671.160 671.165 671.170 671.180 671.190 671.200 671.210 671.220 671.310 671.312 671.315 671.316 671.318 671.320 671.321 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008