(1) In addition to any civil penalty assessed under ORS 671.997, the State Landscape Contractors Board may suspend, revoke or refuse to issue or renew the license of a landscape construction professional or landscape contracting business that does any of the following:
(a) Obtains or attempts to obtain a license under ORS 671.510 to 671.760 by fraud or material misrepresentation.
(b) Makes a material misrepresentation about the quality of any material or service the person provides.
(c) Performs defective work.
(d) Furnishes defective materials.
(e) Makes misleading statements when advertising services or materials.
(f) Violates a provision of ORS 671.510 to 671.760.
(g) Fails to have a replacement bond, letter of credit or deposit on file at the time of a termination, cancellation, reduction or withdrawal of the bond, letter of credit or deposit required by ORS 671.690.
(h) Fails to maintain public liability, personal injury and property damage insurance as required by ORS 671.565 throughout a licensing period.
(i) Violates a voluntary compliance agreement entered into under ORS 646.605 to 646.652.
(j) Performs work for which a permit is required under the state building code without obtaining the required permit, if the work results in the filing of a claim with the board.
(k) Violates a rule or order of the board.
(L) Refuses to comply with a subpoena issued by the board.
(m) Fails to pay in full any amount owed to a claimant under a final order of the board or an arbitration award, or under a judgment rendered in this or any other state.
(n) Does not make payment, including any interest due, for labor or materials contracted for by the person pursuant to a contract for a public improvement within 90 days after the date the person receives payment from a public contracting agency or, if the person is a subcontractor, from the contractor.
(o) Engages in conduct as a landscape construction professional or landscape contracting business that is dishonest or fraudulent or that the board finds injurious to the welfare of the public.
(p) Fails to comply with the requirements of ORS 652.120.
(q) Is convicted of a crime under ORS 163.115, 163.185, 163.225, 163.235, 163.355, 163.365, 163.375, 163.385, 163.395, 163.405, 163.408, 163.411, 163.415, 163.425, 163.427, 164.055, 164.075, 164.325 or 164.415, provided that the facts supporting the conviction and all intervening circumstances make the determination to suspend, revoke or refuse to issue or renew the license consistent with ORS 670.280.
(2) The board may suspend or refuse to renew the license of a landscape construction professional or landscape contracting business without prior hearing if, after investigating and setting forth in writing the facts supporting the action, the board determines that continued activity by the landscape construction professional or landscape contracting business poses an imminent threat of serious harm to the public welfare. Facts sufficient to support a suspension or refusal to renew under this subsection include, but are not limited to:
(a) The lack of a surety bond, letter of credit or deposit required under ORS 671.690;
(b) The lack of public liability, personal injury or property damage insurance required under ORS 671.565;
(c) The hiring of employees while licensed as exempt under ORS 671.525;
(d) Conduct as a landscape construction professional or a landscape contracting business that is dishonest;
(e) Operation of a landscape contracting business that does not employ at least one licensed landscape construction professional; or
(f) The failure to notify the board of any unpaid court judgment, arbitration award or administrative agency final order as required by ORS 671.563.
(3) A person whose license is suspended or refused renewal under subsection (2) of this section may request a hearing within 90 days after receiving the notice of the suspension or refusal to renew. Except as provided in this subsection, the board shall give a contested case hearing requested under this subsection priority over other hearings and schedule the hearing for the earliest practicable date. If a citation is issued to the person and the order of suspension or refusal to renew will terminate by its terms if a court renders a final judgment regarding the citation in favor of the person, the person may request that the board hold the requested contested case hearing in abeyance until after the court has rendered a final judgment.
(4) A person whose license is revoked under this section is not eligible to apply for a license under ORS 671.510 to 671.760 until two years after the effective date of the revocation.
(5) The board may suspend, revoke or refuse to reissue the license of a landscape contracting business, and may impose a civil penalty, all as provided under ORS 671.997 (4), if the board determines, after notice and opportunity for a hearing, that the landscape contracting business was working with other landscape contracting businesses on the same task and work site where one of the landscape contracting businesses is licensed as an exempt independent contractor under ORS 671.525 (2)(b) and the total number of landscape contracting businesses working on the task exceeded:
(a) Two sole proprietors;
(b) One partnership;
(c) One corporation; or
(d) One limited liability company. [1971 c.764 §11; 1981 c.536 §23; 1987 c.461 §2; 1989 c.944 §2; 1995 c.645 §1; 1997 c.337 §3; 2001 c.924 §26; 2005 c.609 §14; 2007 c.151 §4; 2007 c.541 §28]Section: Previous 671.580 671.590 671.595 671.600 671.603 671.605 671.607 671.610 671.613 671.614 671.615 671.617 671.620 671.625 671.628 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008