(1) The State Landscape Contractors Board may issue an order placing a landscape contracting business, or any landscape construction professional that is employed by the landscape contracting business or is a landscape contracting business owner or officer as defined in ORS 671.607, on probation if three or more claims are filed against the landscape contracting businessís bond, letter of credit or deposit within a 12-month period.
(2) The board may place a landscape contracting business or landscape construction professional on probation under this section only if the board determines after investigation of the complaints that a significant likelihood exists that continued activity by the landscape contracting business or landscape construction professional without board supervision will result in additional claims against the landscape contracting business.
(3) The board may require as a condition of probation imposed under this section that the landscape construction professional take a board-approved education course in one or more subjects relating to landscape operations.
(4) The board may require as a condition of probation imposed under this section that the owner or officer of the landscape contracting business take a board-approved education course in one or more subjects relating to landscape contracting business or general business practices.
(5) The board may take action to suspend, revoke or refuse to renew the license of the landscape contracting business or landscape construction professional if the business or professional fails to fulfill the terms of the probation. [2005 c.609 §4; 2007 c.541 §30]Section: Previous 671.595 671.600 671.603 671.605 671.607 671.610 671.613 671.614 671.615 671.617 671.620 671.625 671.628 671.630 671.640 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008