(1) The State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology:
(a) May, upon its own motion, investigate any alleged violation of this chapter.
(b) Shall, upon the complaint of any resident of this state, investigate any alleged violation of this chapter.
(2) In the conduct of investigations, the board may:
(a) Take evidence;
(b) Take the depositions of witnesses, including the person charged, in the manner provided by law in civil cases;
(c) Compel the appearance of witnesses, including the person charged, before the board in person the same as in civil cases;
(d) Require answers to interrogatories; and
(e) Compel the production of books, papers, accounts, documents and testimony pertaining to the matter under investigation.
(3) In exercising its authority under subsection (2) of this section, the board may issue subpoenas over the signature of the board chairperson and the seal of the board in the name of the State of Oregon.
(4) The board may bring a cause of action for injunction or other appropriate remedy to enforce any provision of this chapter.
(5) In addition to or in lieu of any other sanction permitted under this chapter, the board may impose a civil penalty of up to $5,000 for each violation of the provisions of this chapter or rules adopted by the board under this chapter. A civil penalty imposed under this section shall be imposed in the manner provided in ORS 183.745. [1989 c.843 §4; 1995 c.280 §24; 2005 c.698 §21]Section: Previous 681.400 681.410 681.420 681.430 681.440 681.450 681.460 681.470 681.480 681.490 681.495 681.505 681.605 681.990 681.991 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008