(1) There is established within the Oregon Health Licensing Agency the Respiratory Therapist Licensing Board, consisting of five members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The term of office of each member of the board is four years. A member is eligible for reappointment, but no member shall serve more than two full terms. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The members of the board must be citizens of this state who have engaged in the practice of respiratory care for a period of five or more years immediately preceding appointment to the board. In making appointments to the board, the Governor shall take into consideration any nominations received from the Oregon Society for Respiratory Care, or its successor.
(4) A member of the board may be removed by the Governor for neglect of duty, incompetency or unethical or dishonorable conduct.
(5) A member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495. [1997 c.792 §2; 1999 c.885 §33; 2005 c.648 §44]Section: Previous 688.734 688.800 688.805 688.810 688.815 688.817 688.818 688.820 688.825 688.830 688.834 688.835 688.836 688.840 688.915 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008