The powers and duties of the Oregon Health Licensing Agency with regard to dealing in hearing aids are as follows:
(1) To authorize all disbursements necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 694.015 to 694.185.
(2) To determine training and experience requirements prerequisite to taking the examination and to supervise and administer qualifying examinations to test the knowledge and proficiency of applicants for licensure.
(3) To license persons who apply to the agency and who have qualified to deal in hearing aids.
(4) To purchase and maintain or rent audiometric equipment and facilities necessary to carry out the examination of applicants for licensure.
(5) To issue and renew licenses.
(6) To suspend or revoke licenses in the manner provided in ORS chapter 183.
(7) To appoint representatives to conduct or supervise the examination of applicants for licensure.
(8) To designate the time and place for examining applicants for licensure.
(9) To adopt rules not inconsistent with the laws of this state which are necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 694.015 to 694.185.
(10) With the advice of the Advisory Council on Hearing Aids, to prescribe safety and sanitation requirements, to require the periodic inspection of the audiometric testing equipment and to carry out the periodic inspection of facilities of persons who deal in hearing aids.
(11) To appoint or employ subordinate employees.
(12) To adopt rules specifying exemptions relating to assistive listening devices. [1959 c.634 §23; 1967 c.631 §12; 1985 c.227 §16; 1993 c.133 §9; 1999 c.885 §46; 2005 c.648 §99]Section: Previous 694.136 694.138 694.140 694.142 694.145 694.147 694.150 694.155 694.159 694.160 694.165 694.170 694.175 694.180 694.185 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008