(1) There is created within the Oregon Health Licensing Agency the Advisory Council on Hearing Aids. The council shall consist of seven members to be appointed by the Governor.
(2) Members of the council shall be residents of this state. No member of the council shall be a member or employee of the agency.
(3) Membership on the council shall consist of:
(a) One member who is licensed to practice medicine in this state and holds a certificate of qualification from the American Board of Otolaryngology;
(b) One member who holds a clinical certification in audiology with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is a member in good standing with that association;
(c) Four members who are experienced in the fitting of hearing aids and possess the qualifications provided in ORS 694.055; and
(d) One member who is a consumer of hearing aids and does not possess the professional qualifications of the other members.
(4) The term of office of a member is three years beginning on July 1 of the year of appointment. A member shall continue to serve until a successor has been appointed and qualifies. Before a memberís term expires, the Governor shall appoint a successor to assume the duties of office on July 1 at the expiration of the predecessorís term. A vacancy in the office of a member shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term.
(5) Members of the council are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495. [1959 c.634 §§16,17,19,20; 1967 c.631 §13; 1969 c.314 §95; 1985 c.227 §17; 1995 c.167 §1; 1999 c.885 §47; 2005 c.648 §100]Section: Previous 694.142 694.145 694.147 694.150 694.155 694.159 694.160 694.165 694.170 694.175 694.180 694.185 694.305 694.315 694.325 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008