(1) An individual may not undertake, offer to undertake or submit a bid to do work as a home inspector unless the individual is certified as a home inspector under this section by the Construction Contractors Board and is an owner of, or employed by, a business that is licensed by the board.
(2) A business may not undertake, offer to undertake or submit a bid to do work as a home inspector unless the business is licensed by the board under this chapter and has an owner or an employee who is certified as a home inspector under this section.
(3) The board shall adopt minimum standards of practice and professional conduct.
(4) The board shall require that an applicant for certification as a home inspector pass a test demonstrating the competency of the applicant to act as a home inspector. The board may adopt rules accepting the results of competency testing by a nationally recognized certification program for home inspectors. The board may adopt rules establishing additional requirements for the issuance or renewal of a home inspector certificate, including but not limited to training and continuing education requirements.
(5) The board shall adopt rules establishing procedures for the issuance, renewal and revocation of home inspector certification.
(6) The board may adopt rules establishing fees necessary for the administration of this section. The fees may not exceed the following:
(a) $50 for application.
(b) $50 for testing.
(c) $150 for issuance of an initial two-year certificate.
(d) $150 for renewal of a two-year certificate.
(7) This section does not apply to a person acting within the scope of a license, certificate or registration issued to the person by the Appraiser Certification and Licensure Board under ORS chapter 674. [1997 c.814 §§3,3a; 1997 c.690 §6; 1999 c.402 §39; 2001 c.196 §10; 2005 c.114 §1; 2005 c.254 §13; 2005 c.432 §15a; 2007 c.222 §1]
Note: Section 3b, chapter 814, Oregon Laws 1997, provides:
Sec. 3b. The requirements of section 3 of this Act [701.350 (1) and (2)] shall not apply to a person registered each year as a general contractor under ORS chapter 701 during the period from January 1, 1991, through the effective date of this Act [August 11, 1997]. [1997 c.814 §3b]Section: Previous 701.320 701.325 701.330 701.335 701.340 701.345 701.348 701.350 701.355 701.410 701.420 701.430 701.435 701.440 701.500 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008