(1) An insurer may not offer a policy of group health insurance to an association as the policyholder or offer coverage under such a policy, whether issued in this or another state, unless the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services determines that the association satisfies the requirements of an association under ORS 743.522 (1)(b).
(2) An insurer shall submit evidence to the director that the association satisfies the requirements under ORS 743.522 (1)(b). The director shall review the evidence and may request additional evidence as needed.
(3) An insurer shall submit to the director any changes in the evidence submitted under subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The director may order an insurer to cease offering health insurance to an association if the director determines that the association does not meet the standards under ORS 743.522 (1)(b).
(5) The director may adopt rules to carry out this section. [1989 c.784 §11; 2005 c.22 §493]Section: Previous 743.495 743.498 743.516 743.519 743.520 743.522 743.523 743.524 743.525 743.526 743.527 743.528 743.529 743.530 743.531 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008