Oregon Statutes - Chapter 744 - Insurance Producers; Life Settlement Providers, Brokers and Contracts; Adjusters; Consultants; Third Party Administrators; Reinsurance Intermediaries; Rental Company Limited Licenses - Section 744.555 - Temporary adjuster permit.

(1) To facilitate the settlement of claims under insurance policies when there is widespread property loss in this state arising out of a catastrophe, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may issue a temporary permit to any person authorized in another state to adjust losses claimed under insurance policies to act as an adjuster in the catastrophe area for or against an authorized insurer. A temporary permit issued pursuant to this section shall be effective for such time as the director determines necessary and shall be in lieu of the license and fee requirements otherwise applicable.

(2) A temporary permit may be obtained by filing with the director a written application therefor in the form prescribed by the director. The application shall contain the name and address of the applicant, the name of the state in which the applicant is authorized to adjust losses claimed under insurance policies and any other information the director may require.

(3) Such a permit may also be issued in respect to any adjuster who is licensed or permitted to act as such in the state of domicile of the adjuster and who is sent into this state on behalf of an authorized insurer or insured for the purpose of investigating or making adjustment of a particular loss under policies of insurance. [Formerly 736.490; 1989 c.701 §51]

Section:  Previous  744.531  744.535  744.538  744.540  744.541  744.545  744.550  744.555  744.560  744.565  744.566  744.570  744.575  744.580  744.590  Next

Last modified: August 7, 2008