As used in ORS 750.505 to 750.715:
(1) “Legal expense organization” or “organization” means any person or group of persons who provide or offer to provide a legal expense plan, including any person who acts as its administrator.
(2) “Legal expense plan” or “plan” means the agreement between an organization and a person or a group of persons whereby legal services are to be provided to the person or group of persons as members, or whereby the persons as members are to be reimbursed for charges incurred for legal services, in consideration of a specified payment.
(3) “Member” means a person who is eligible to receive legal services under a legal expense plan.
(4) “Membership agreement” means the written evidence of coverage of a member under a plan between an organization and members.
(5) “Provider agreement” means a written contract or agreement between an organization and a providing attorney for the rendering of legal services to a member or group of persons.
(6) “Providing attorney” means any attorney licensed and in good standing in this state who provides legal services pursuant to the membership agreement.
(7) “Sales or marketing representative” means any person who markets or solicits members for or on behalf of a plan. [1989 c.331 §2]Section: Previous 750.331 750.333 750.335 750.337 750.339 750.340 750.341 750.505 750.515 750.525 750.535 750.545 750.555 750.565 750.575 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008