An organization must provide a membership agreement to each member of a group that is a party to a legal expense plan. Each membership agreement shall contain at least the following:
(1) A listing and clear description of the legal services promised or for which expenses are to be reimbursed and a clear explanation of the limits of the services.
(2) The copayments, deductibles or fees, if any, that the member is required to pay.
(3) The name and address of the principal place of business of the legal expense organization offering the plan.
(4) If the plan offers a limited choice of providing attorneys, a mechanism for providing the services of an alternate attorney in case representation by the designated providing attorney would be improper, unethical or impractical under the circumstances.
(5) A provision for review for settling disagreements about the grounds for demanding an alternative attorney or any benefit.
(6) All criteria by which a member may be denied renewal of membership. [1989 c.331 §11]Section: Previous 750.525 750.535 750.545 750.555 750.565 750.575 750.585 750.595 750.605 750.615 750.625 750.635 750.645 750.655 750.675 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008